This year hasn't been the best for us. We are still in the house hunting process which started back in August. Its a never ending shitty cycle of submitting offers and getting denied because of cash buyers. January hit 6 months until our wedding. We went through a big rough move in February. Our lives haven't been exactly how we would have wanted it and we haven't been the happiest couple because of all these changes. Things were a bit awry for a while.
Now Spring has officially sprung and things are starting to look up again. The wedding planning is well on it's way. I've been meaning to make a wedding post. That will come soon.
This blog has helped me a lot. Being able to write about things whether they are important things or not has been keeping me in good spirits. Preston and I are reconnecting more and more every day. So that being said, I wanted to make an appreciation post about everything little to big that I have appreciated lately.
- The weather turning nice earlier than usual
- Drinking beer and smoking cigarettes on our patio with Preston having small talk.
- On my commute to work I get a whiff of pine trees in the same spot.
- When day turns into twilight. The sky is the color of clear deep ocean.
- Desert sunsets
- Our neighborhood bar and walking to and from.
- When Preston calls me Darlin.
- Cooking dinner again.
- Taking pictures
- Having a job that somewhat allows me to blog, tumble and print my wedding invites.
- Preston, Preston, Preston
- Birds chirping in the morning.
- My birthday is this Saturday and we get to beach it up and camp!
- Getting comments on my blog posts. Thanks
- The rain we got a few weeks back. It's very seldom here in the desert.
- Netflix. Before we moved we had no internet or cable so this has been a blessing.
- Thanks to the IRS for giving me back a little more money than I was expecting. Tattoo Shop I will see you soon.
- My mom for helping out with house hunting and paying for some of our wedding.
- My group of girls that are trying their hardest to make this wedding planning as easy as possible for me cuz this just aint my thang.
- Matching bracelets I got for Preston and I.
- Letting go of things
- Getting hugs from behind while in the kitchen.
- Getting away from the dark cloud.
- Being able to walk around in my underwear.
- Getting back to reading on a regular basis.
- This blog.
What are you guys appreciating these days??